ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME A-C
This large high school with prestigious preparatory
classes whose buildings are located in the former
12th-century abbey Sainte-Geneviève in the heart of
the Latin quarter has in its chapel a small organ
from 1845 built by John Abbey (1785-1859). It has a
54-note keyboard and a 17-note pedal ‘en tirasse’.
Its transmissions are mechanical.
It has 7 stops:
Dessus de hautbois 8'
Basse de Clairon 4'.
A restoration was carried out by Yves Fossaert in
(Translation of a French text by Thierry Correard)
Photos: Thierry Correard