(Orphelins Apprentis d'Auteuil)
40, rue La Fontaine, 75016 Paris
1931 - Abbey
III/33 (43) - électro-pneumatical traction - stoplist
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
In 1923, Father Daniel Brottier became in charge of the
Orphans of Auteuil and decided to build a chapel
when he had no funds and Auteuil's work was in a
precarious financial situation. A benefactor
contributed the necessary money to start the work.
The chapel, designed by architects Henri Chailleux
father and son, is in neo-Gothic style. It is inspired by
the Sainte Chapelle.
The instrument was built in 1930-1931 by Abbey in
collaboration with Henri Libert who was responsible
for the artistic design. The electropneumatic traction
(with box chests patented by Casavant) was designed
on the plans and indications of Casavant, which was
totally innovative for the time. At that time, it allowed
more than 80 combinations to be recorded.
The instrument was housed in a magnificent two-body
buffet designed by Rude and executed by Auteuil's
Today, the instrument is silent and replaced by an