The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME A-C

Conservatoire à

Rayonnement Régional

(former Conservatoire National de Région) 14, rue de Madrid, 75008 Paris Orgue de la salle Olivier Alain (photo)

1996 - Gerhard Grenzing

III/32 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Orgue de la salle Mstislav Rostropovitch (??)

1951 - Jacquot-Lavergne

1981 - Gonzalez

1996 - Hedelin

1999 - Dargassies

III/25 - electrical traction - stoplist

GO expressif Boudon 16 - Montre 8 - Bourdon 8 - Flûte harmonique 8 - Prestant 4 - Plein Jeu IV Bombarde expressif Basson 16 - Trompette 8 - Clairon 4 Récit expressif Diapsaon 8 - Flûte traversière 8 - Gamba 8 - Voix celeste 8 - Flûte octaviante 4 - Nasard 2 2/3 - Octavin 2 - Tierce 1 3/5 - Basson-Hautbois 8 Pédale Soubasse 32 - Soubasse 16 - Basse 8 -Flûte 4 - Basson 16 - Tompette 8 - Clairon 4 This organ is not in use anymore, but is interesting because it is the distant successor of the instrument on which Marcel Dupré gave his lessons, itself successor of the instrument used by Gigout and Vierne; it seems that it contains material from Cavaillé-Coll and a study might show that it contains pipes that César Franck played…
The Paris Regional Conservatory is located at a highly historic address since the famous National Conservatory or Conservatory of Paris wsas located there, created in 1795 by the Convention and then installed in 1911 on Madrid Street by its director Gabriel Fauré. From then on, the conservatory will see the biggest names in French music, whether they are students, teachers, jury members ... : Debussy, Ravel, Dukas, Honegger, Poulenc, Vincent d'Indy, Messiaen, Duruflé, Nadia Boulanger ... but also Widor, Dupré and so many great names of the French organ. In 1934, the Conservatory became the National Conservatory of Music and Drama. Then in 1946, he became the National Conservatory of Music and in December 1990 it moved to the Cité de la Musique in La Villette under the name of the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris (CNSMDP). Since this departure, this mythical place has been occupied by the Conservatoire à Rayonnement Régional (CRR) in Paris. The CRR has four organs: 3 of study-organs and a large concert organ by Gerhard Grenzing placed in the Olivier Alain Hall. This instrument replaced the old organ (3 keyboards/pedals, 32 stops, electric transmissions) of the Berlioz room built by Jacquot-Lavergne in 1951 and modified by Gonzalez in 1981. The current organ was inaugurated in 1996. This instrument of 32 real stops, 3 keyboards and pedals, mechanical and electric transmissions with an electronic combinator was designed to play all European organ literature with the exception of the romantic repertoire left for other instruments. (Translation of a French text by Thierry Correard) (photo 1,2:: Thierry Correard)
Organs of Paris

Conservatoire à

Rayonnement

Régional

(former Conservatoire National de Région) 14, rue de Madrid, 75008 Paris Orgue de la salle Olivier Alain (photo)

1996 - Gerhard Grenzing

III/32 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Orgue de la salle Mstislav Rostropovitch (??)

1951 - Jacquot-Lavergne

1981 - Gonzalez

1996 - Hedelin

1999 - Dargassies

III/25 - electrical traction - stoplist

GO expressif Boudon 16 - Montre 8 - Bourdon 8 - Flûte harmonique 8 - Prestant 4 - Plein Jeu IV Bombarde expressif Basson 16 - Trompette 8 - Clairon 4 Récit expressif Diapsaon 8 - Flûte traversière 8 - Gamba 8 - Voix celeste 8 - Flûte octaviante 4 - Nasard 2 2/3 - Octavin 2 - Tierce 1 3/5 - Basson-Hautbois 8 Pédale Soubasse 32 - Soubasse 16 - Basse 8 -Flûte 4 - Basson 16 - Tompette 8 - Clairon 4 This organ is not in use anymore, but is interesting because it is the distant successor of the instrument on which Marcel Dupré gave his lessons, itself successor of the instrument used by Gigout and Vierne; it seems that it contains material from Cavaillé-Coll and a study might show that it contains pipes that César Franck played…
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME A-C
The Paris Regional Conservatory is located at a highly historic address since the famous National Conservatory or Conservatory of Paris wsas located there, created in 1795 by the Convention and then installed in 1911 on Madrid Street by its director Gabriel Fauré. From then on, the conservatory will see the biggest names in French music, whether they are students, teachers, jury members ... : Debussy, Ravel, Dukas, Honegger, Poulenc, Vincent d'Indy, Messiaen, Duruflé, Nadia Boulanger ... but also Widor, Dupré and so many great names of the French organ. In 1934, the Conservatory became the National Conservatory of Music and Drama. Then in 1946, he became the National Conservatory of Music and in December 1990 it moved to the Cité de la Musique in La Villette under the name of the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris (CNSMDP). Since this departure, this mythical place has been occupied by the Conservatoire à Rayonnement Régional (CRR) in Paris. The CRR has four organs: 3 of study-organs and a large concert organ by Gerhard Grenzing placed in the Olivier Alain Hall. This instrument replaced the old organ (3 keyboards/pedals, 32 stops, electric transmissions) of the Berlioz room built by Jacquot- Lavergne in 1951 and modified by Gonzalez in 1981. The current organ was inaugurated in 1996. This instrument of 32 real stops, 3 keyboards and pedals, mechanical and electric transmissions with an electronic combinator was designed to play all European organ literature with the exception of the romantic repertoire left for other instruments. (Translation of a French text by Thierry Correard) (photo 1,2:: Thierry Correard)