A chapel was built at the end of a courtyard in 1910 for the Sisters of Mercy of Sées. It was restored in 1930 and dedicated to Saint Dominic.After the departure of the sisters, this chapel served the people of the neighborhood, because the house was the residence of the auxiliary bishops of Paris. Bazaine (1904-2001), familiar with this chapel, undertook the creation of 7 stained glass windows made by the master glassmaker Claire de Rougemont, to give it its current atmosphere. He took as his theme the seven prayers of the monastic officeThe chapel is guardian of the icon of Saint Matthew, originally from Cyprus and dated to the fourteenth or fifteenth century. Two other icons, one of the Virgin in the nave and one of Christ, in the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament recall that this chapel is of oriental rite. An original Way of the Cross, reduced to 8 stations, on the 8 pillars, was made by Sophie Alaux in 1998. A gilded wooden statue of the Spanish school of the sixteenth century sits in the choir. It is in very poor condition. No iconographic element has made it possible to identify her, even if she is given the name of Mary Magdalene. It comes from the family of the painter Willy Mucha.Hidden in the gallery, a small bronze statue of St. Dominic recalls that he was the first patron of this chapel before the arrival of the icon of St. Matthew.Source
Organiste titulaireAndry Rakotoarimananaphotos: Vincent Hildebrandt
E6The date and provenance of the organ are unknown but it is possible that it is an old house organ. The organ has a case largely made up of the jalousies of the expressive box.
2 claviers (61 notes)Bourdon 16Principal 8Flûte harmonique 8Cor de nuit 8Nasard 2 2/3 Violoncelle 8Pédale (32 notes)Tirasses Grand Orgue RécitAccouplements Récit Octaves gravesRécit - Grand OrgueRécit Octaves Aigues
19xx - Société Cavaillé-Coll (after 1928) (1)xxxx - ??? (7)