The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME A-C
The Marcel DUPRE Auditorium is located in Meudon, in the house of the Master who lived there from 1925 to 1971.The organ was built in 1897 by Aristide Cavaillé-Coll for Alexandre Guilmant. It was installed in 1898 by Charles Mutin in the house of the composer who resided in Meudon, at No. 2 of the street that now bears his name. This large living room organ originally had 28 stops on 3 keyboards and pedals, with a mechanical transmission. In 1925, Marcel Dupré, who had been a pupil of Alexandre Guilmant in Meudon, bought a large house at No. 40 Boulevard Anatole France, perpendicular to Rue Alexandre Guilmant. In 1926, Dupré bought the organ from Guilmant and had it transformed and installed in his new home by Joseph Beuchet, then director of CavaIllé-Coll. A solo division is added with 6 stops. The transmission of the stops is transformed into a electro-mechanic systems to allow the implementation of multiple combinations imagined by Dupré. The range of keyboards is extended by one octave. With its grids of combination switches, the new console has a futuristic appearance. Dupré gave numerous recitals there until his death in 1971. In 1979, the house was bought by a private individual, who pledged to restore and maintain the instrument, which has been restored patiently by Jean-Claude Merouze. An Association for the preservation of Marcel Dupré's Organ organizes biannual concerts to help develop and maintain the instrument. It goes without saying that this organ has an exceptional historical value. Source
Organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME A-C
The Marcel DUPRE Auditorium is located in Meudon, in the house of the Master who lived there from 1925 to 1971.The organ was built in 1897 by Aristide Cavaillé-Coll for Alexandre Guilmant. It was installed in 1898 by Charles Mutin in the house of the composer who resided in Meudon, at No. 2 of the street that now bears his name. This large living room organ originally had 28 stops on 3 keyboards and pedals, with a mechanical transmission. In 1925, Marcel Dupré, who had been a pupil of Alexandre Guilmant in Meudon, bought a large house at No. 40 Boulevard Anatole France, perpendicular to Rue Alexandre Guilmant. In 1926, Dupré bought the organ from Guilmant and had it transformed and installed in his new home by Joseph Beuchet, then director of CavaIllé-Coll. A solo division is added with 6 stops. The transmission of the stops is transformed into a electro-mechanic systems to allow the implementation of multiple combinations imagined by Dupré. The range of keyboards is extended by one octave. With its grids of combination switches, the new console has a futuristic appearance. Dupré gave numerous recitals there until his death in 1971. In 1979, the house was bought by a private individual, who pledged to restore and maintain the instrument, which has been restored patiently by Jean-Claude Merouze. An Association for the preservation of Marcel Dupré's Organ organizes biannual concerts to help develop and maintain the instrument. It goes without saying that this organ has an exceptional historical value. Source