ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME A-C
The Church was built between 1883 and 1914
in Romanesque-Auvergnat style. The architect
was Alfred Dauvergne. In order to finish the
exterior decoration, from 1945, pupils of
Georges Saupique worked on the sculptures of
the Central porch and lateral portals.
The organ was installed in 1900 by Charles Mutin.
The instrument underwent a slight change by this
firm in 1923 and a more significant transformation
in 1932 by the Société Cavaillé-Coll. In 1959,
Roethinger intervened with a transformation of
the organ towards the neo-classical style (the great
organ and the positive). The Kern company
performed a restoration in 2007, aimed at
favouring the original symphonic character of the
instrument, while increasing its power, judged
insufficient since its origin due to architectural
constraints. A computer associated with an electric
stop draw was also installed.
Site of the organ
Masses with organ
Saturday, 6.30 p.m.,
Sunday 9, 11 a.m., 6.30 p.m.