ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
The organ of the Sorbonne Chapel was commissioned by
Pierre-François Dallery in 1825. However, it was Pierre-
François Dallery's son, Louis-Paul (1797-1875) who carried
out the work. The organ was inaugurated on July 10, 1825.
After the chapel reopened in 1852 at the time of Napoleon
III, the new chapel master, Félix Clément, an official organ
expert, had the instrument restored by Louis-Paul Dallery
himself. It was this one, presumably, who installed the
German-like pedal in 1854 that still exists to this day. Felix
Clément resigned in 1859, and the organ was now silenced.
Its access was made more difficult by the removal in 1885
of the staircase which provided direct access to the tribune,
outside the chapel.
Currently, an association works to its restoration, which
would be really desirable given the authenticity and quality
of the organ.